Dimas Solar is the largest OEM company producing Solar Systems in Europe, with strong export activity in 65 countries.
This range of activity shows us the way to continuously and immediately adapt and write the quality of the organization with processes designed to serve the maximum possible complexity of needs per period or specific use, such as:
– Make to Stock, for partners who must be served the same day and in quantities smaller than or equal to the pallet
– Make to Order, for partners who need to be served in quantities greater than or equal to the entire load
– Forecast of specific partners, which must be served on a period basis (3-month, 4-month, 6-month, annually)
– Special Forecast, to cover productive availability in periods of low demand
The main goal of Dimas Solar is to ensure that every demand is served in the promised time, quality and quantity, so that its partners are not left without a commodity and their economic activity is stopped or delayed.
We defined this key indicator as OTIF (On Time In Full deliveries) and the goal is to constantly keep it in a range equal to or greater than 96%. This is also a guarantee for the partner that he can rely on Dimas Solar’s promise.
Dimas Solar proceeded with a radical reorganization of the entire operation of the organization based on 5 aspects:
– METHODOLOGICAL DETERMINATION OF NEED (DMAIC)
– ACCURATE INFORMATION
– ADVANCED ALGORITHMS
In combination with the creation of an organic role “PLANNER”, he is responsible for the synchronization of the departments of Materials Management, Production and Sales.
This was done on 10 levels:
– PRODUCT DATA MANAGEMENT
– WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
– DEPARTMENTAL OPERATIONS AND INTERNAL COMMUNICATION
– ONLINE PRODUCTION MONITORING
– ADVANCED PLANNING ALGORITHMS
– ADAPTIVE MATERIAL REQUIREMENT PLANNING
– SUPPLY DEMAND
– CAPACITY PLANNING
– CASH FLOW MANAGEMENT
– QUALITY CONTROL MANAGEMENT
– Improvement of Raw Materials management by 230%
– Improved management of finished products 89%
– Improvement of Cash Flow management by 53%
Regarding the OTIF index, it increased by 89% in 2019 (the first year of implementation) and by 97% in 2020, despite the problems of the pandemic.
In 2021, the year of the global collapse of supply chains, it was held at 94.3%.
This is a result of methodical way of functioning of an organization. Although in 2018, principle of re-design of the operation of the organization – where the global economy was smooth – the design was studied for long-term operation, in order to protect and warn for problems and needs in the midst of crises.
Therefore, the mechanisms implemented allow in a crisis period a total, detailed and daily control of materials, time and financial effects.
The pandemic accompanied by the collapse of the supply chain and the price increases, found us ready not only to maintain our position, but to grow and expand, commercially and productively.
Moreover, in today’s globalized environment, complexity and constraints on financial and human resources have increased.
The answer to this complexity lies in the corporate discipline in order to have accurate information, the integration of this information at all levels, the synthesis of information with sophisticated IT algorithms, the training of people to understand the implications of each action throughout the organization and the creation of a cooperation culture, so all problems are addressed collectively.
Dimas Solar is therefore in the proud position of offering for its products, the best possible quality, within the agreed delivery time and in full load quantity, with proofs, making it one of the most reliable companies in its field:
On behalf of Dimas Solar team